Mission & Beliefs
Our Mission Statement:
Kirk Academy strives to provide students the best possible Christian-based, college preparatory education while instilling in them respect for God, our nation, parents, and proper authority.
Kirk Academy has the following beliefs as developed by its patrons, Board, faculty, administration, and students:
- All people are assigned by God, a gender at birth. This is the gender that will be recognized by Kirk Academy in any and all dealings with students, faculty, and staff.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Student learning in a Christian environment is the chief priority of the school.
- Students need not only to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be involved actively in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Students’ learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed learners.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Exposure to consistent, strong Christian morals promotes student learning and strengthens individual student morals.
- Students learn best when they have appropriate opportunities for success.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Extra-curricular activities provide positive opportunities for the individual student to develop a sense of self and purpose.
- A student’s self esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.