Kirk Academy welcomes your financial support. The generosity of KA families and friends help complete the Kirk Family experience. As a private school, Kirk Academy operates without financial support of federal, state or local government. Tuition alone cannot subsidize all the financial requirements necessary in upholding the high standards in our faculty, facilities, technology advances and curricular programs. Dollars raised by fundraising efforts and your financial support are crucial to bridge the gap between tuition and operational expenses.
Ways to financially support Kirk Academy:
- Cash - The simplest and most common gift is cash. For income tax purposes, a cash gift is deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Securities - Gifts of long-term appreciated securities offer multiple tax savings for the donor.
- Real Estate - Gifts of appreciated real estate are similar to gifts of stock. If you have owned the property for 12 months or more, you avoid capital gains taxes and may deduct the fair market value of the property.
- Bequests - Bequests may be made through your will and may include a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate
- Gifts in Kind - A donor may contribute personal property such as jewelry, art, boats, and motor vehicles. In general, you may receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of the item donated as determined by an appraisal.
- Matching Gifts - Many corporations will match the charitable gifts made by their employees.
- Tribute and Memorial Giving - Gifts may be made in memory or honor of a loved one. This is a wonderful way to honor or memorialize a student, teacher, alumni, friend, business associate or family member. We will gladly send an acknowledgment card to whomever you request.
Kirk Academy is a 501c3 institution so all gifts are tax deductible. You may make a gift of cash, check, or securities to the school. Gifts of cash or a check should be sent to Kirk Academy, P.O. Box 1008, Grenada, MS 38902-1008. Checks should be made payable to Kirk Academy. If you should have questions or would like further information on giving opportunities, contact Joann Stephenson at 226-2791.